Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Grand Theft Auto : Black, Missouri

Man has the last couple of days been a whirlwind of activity.
Yesterday things came to a head with Shaun, as there were a couple more incidents that day involving him and the boys. He ended up having to have a meeting with our boss Shaun and the Camp Director. We had to have a big group meeting at the end of the day to address the animosity that was building. Halfway through the meeting Shaun decided he wanted to leave but then the bosses took him aside and had a talk with him. The biggest problem ended up him pretending to understand english and not really. So we're all sorted now that we've had our big group hug.

Finally I got to start a fire!!! We ended up having a our own little camp fire that night and we managed to scrounge a guitar from one of the house parents and ended up sitting round the fire and playing guitar, singing songs and having a couple of beers. The fire got going pretty good for a couple of city boys getting the fire started. Well it was all going well till I burnt my finger trying to get the fire going better.

I had a full on first day of activities where we played Ultimate and Flag football house against house. No one wanted to play Ultimate and instead they opted for soccer (god knows why? Jokes we couldn't find the frisbee). It went pretty well, I managed to score a few goals in soccer and then scored a touchdown on the return from the kick off, its nice I seem to be getting picked for teams quite early. LOL.

Anyway today was one for the books, we had a pretty cruisy morning and ended up playing flag football again. After that we had group and then in the afternoon I got river duty for the second day in a row. In the morning I was spewing that I had drawn river duty 2 days in a row as I hadn't felt like a swim but by the time mid morning rolled round I'd changed my mind pretty quickly. Today was the hottest day we've had since I've been there. So I took the boys down to the river for a swim. When you're down by the river you are out of range for the radio. So everythings going on so well that I give the house a positive write up (the first that I've done either positive or negative), saunter back to camp going on about what a great day I've had. Then I got filled in on the rest of the days events. Mum you may wanna skip this part.......now you're hooked aren't you? So yesterday 2 boys tried running away into the woods trying to make their way to the highway, they got disoriented and ended up doing this big circle and started walking back towards camp. They both got sent to Hill and solitary for their efforts.
Today the same 2 boys and 1 other ran away again. They ran into the camp accountant and bashed him in the head with a rock leaving him unconcious. The 3 made their way down the highway again and as a Jeep Cherokee approached them ran into the road screaming for help. The car of course stopped and the 3 boys ended up car jacking this lady's car. Now this lady happened to be the county DFS (Department of Family Services) worker. So they're driving around and managed to flip this car into a ditch and got left with minor injuries. Chances are they will now be sent to a level 4 facility, Valley Springs is level 3.

Oh one of the girls received a "death" threat today by one of the boys she sent to Hill so things are pretty much all peaches and cream here. But hey I had one of the best days ever!

So guys don't stress its 'all good' I'm having a ball and I do feel quite safe particularly when I got told today that I was an 'OG', " you know cuz an original gansta' . Anyway if you know what that means let me know all I know is they told me it was a good thing.

Laters

Matt

No comments: