Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Last Post?.......well possibly for a while anyway!

Hi guys,

Thought I would get this out of the way now. I start camp tomorrow and I have no idea what facilities there will be for internet. It has been quite difficult getting on in the last couple of days.

I went downtown today and checked out the mississipi river ( i know i spelt that one right! sorry bout all the typos in the previous posts but time is of the essence). It was pretty cool, I went and saw the largest monument to McDonalds ever. Jokes, its a big silver arch, imagine if you will a Mcdonalds arch cut in half and silver but the size of a skyscraper. After that i wandered about 15 blocks to go to this place called City Museum, i think its a clever "drop off your kids" playground place where parents go to deliberately lose their children. Nah they don't let you leave your kids there but it wouldn't be hard to lose them. Its like a three story playground with a few art exhibits and crazy interior design, was definately pretty fun especially for a big kid like me.

Yesterday I wandered to the main station where there is kinda of a mall. I have also made a stunning conclusion as to what the worlds most universal language is, no its not music or maths its Chinglish. No matter where you go this language will be spoken somewhere. I wish i was a little more fluent in Chinglish as my attempt to not get a haircut failed yesterday after I woke up utterly pissed off with it and walked out of the chinglish hairdressers with a haircut that I haven't had since i was in 3rd form complete with a choir boy part. I walked out the door and put my hat on where it will remain for the rest of summer.

Can't think of what else to say about St Louis, it seems to be quite a black community and people kinda talk like Craig's dad out of Friday. I have to concentrate a little harder than normal to deceipher.

Just quickly a rant that'll sound more familiar coming out of one of the girls on tours mouths: "i feel fat", "I've put on weight" or "does my ass look fat in this?". I don't think i have really but I am really missing European food, the cheap pizza, baguettes and bratwurst. Its all burgers and fried chicken or steak, oh ribs as well. I already miss vegetables and thats a big statement coming from me! Also can anyone tell me what Chicken Fried Steak is, I'm too scared to ask and i have the feeling it will induce a heart attack.

Keep the mails coming coz I love getting them, and if I don't respond personally don't take offence but these things take a bit of time and I'll try and answer in here!

Anyway see ya when i sees ya!

Uncle Travelling Matt ( damn you Trish I was saving that one! )

PS: Leave comments so i can write bitchy comments back!

No comments: