Sunday, May 29, 2005

Super Size Me please....

Hi all,

Have made it safe and sound to St Louis.

My last day in London was pretty fun. After a very late wakeup as me Anna caught up till 3 in the morning we made it into town finally. First stop was Madam Tussauds, which was a ball. It was quite scary how life like some of them were. As we were leaving Anna says " wow that one looks really life like" only for him to move and turn out to being an usher. Afterwards we wandered down to Liverpool St and had a look round the markets there and bought a pretty cool pic of the Abbey road sign. On our way back to the tube station we passed the the Ten Bells where Jack the Ripper or the ladies of the night used to frequent. After one last wander round Picadilly Circus we made our way to meet the rest of EE860 (my tour) survivors to go to Fame. Fame was awesome, i only knew the one song from it but it was still had an amazing time.

Did the mad dash to the airport in the morning and finally landed at JFK where i had my first cultural american experience and watched a lot of people get super sized, they must have missed the doco. I've been getting funny looks here when i've ordered medium sized meals. Made it to the hotel late at night and watched tv for a while, they still play Golden girl reruns!

Went into town today which was interesting am currently sitting in the library typing this out. When i got in here around 11 today it was worse than wellington on easter weekend but things have seemed to pick up here now. How is it that I make another public holiday somewhere else in the world? Its bloody Memorial Day weekend here so not to sure whats going to be open. Although The Roots are going to be playing I'll see if i can get a ticket, should be pretty fun.

I think I'm getting culture shock where ever I'm going, as soon as i get used to one culture I'm off to another, although the gap between european culture and american culture seems bigger than I would have expected. its cool though I guess it keeps me on my toes.

I'm about to go see Kung Fu Hustle as there's not much else going on here on a Sunday and with tomorrow being the equivalent of ANZAC day don't think much else will be on tomorrow either also the baseball is on so maybe thats where everyone is.

The few people here that I've spoken to have been really nice and friendly which is nice hopefully it stays that way even when I do get out to Lesterville. For the record i haven't seen a single trailer park yet but will keep my eyes peeled. Although Ike Turner is on the walk of stars here if that tells you anything, Tina's a little further down on the other side of the road.

See ya later alligator
Matt

No comments: