Nah jokes, I'm ok although I had an incident with a bottle top at the Corinth Canal on the way to Athens much to everyones amusement. One of the girls wanted me to open a bottle of soft drink for them so i got my lighter out and went to pop it off and shot off like a champagne cork, i now have four neat little serated hole type shapes in my forehead where it looks like someone has attacked me with a fork. Other than that Athens has been pretty uneventful haven't really had much of look round. Got back here about 9pm after a frolick through Corfu and Mykonos.
George's boat in Corfu was hilarious basically just kicked back on a boat and sailed round (not literally) did some water sports for the first time ever on this speed tube things, to be quite blunt I was shitting my pants, i ended up buying one of the photos where I am screaming like a little girl. We had the toga party later that night which was interesting but I was feeling really tired and sore after the water sports. I think I had a bit of heat stroke or something and was feeling pretty cold, i know i was wearing a Toga but everyone else seemed fine maybe it was just that I was too big for the baby sheet they gave me.
Got up the next day and wandered into Corfu town to feed my Gyros addiction and went back to the hotel to laze the rest of the day away, we were going to head out to a beach but we had missed the next bus and the next one was 4 hours away so a whole bunch of us watched Top Gun. We had the traditional greek dinner that night, it was pretty fun, and yep i had to get up and participate but then so did the whole group. There were a whole lot of opas and ouzo going round. i can't believe how salty the greeks like there food, even the salad was salty.
The next day we went of to Mykonos and to be honest there isn't that much to tell except that we were staying on a resort on Paradise Beach that had an awesome pool, free tennis, soccer, pool and dvd's so not too much was achieved but body definitely needed the break. Quite a few people went to town but I only left the resort once when we left to head back to Athens.
I went and saw the Acropolis and the Parthenon, it was pretty cool got some really good pics, things are definately heating up now and i tried to find as much shade as possible, god knows what it would be like in the middle of summer, i can see why they have siestas over here.
I've spent the last 2 nights on a ferry to get to Venice and am most excited about checking it all out tomorrow, i get to go on a gondola, see St Marks Square and get lost in Venice in general. We stopped by Lake Garda and Verona today which was awesome, it was so different to Rome and I think a lot of people on the bus had a very different perspective on Italy. There were quite a few people on the bus who said they hated Rome and didn't much like italy but after walking round Verona and Lake Garda they definately changed there mind. A few of the girls on tour have gone absolutely mad on Gelati and are concerned that they will shortly turn into one.
Anyway have bloody contracted an ear infection so that will probably put a curb on the whole drinks thing tonight but i'll still head down to the bar to support the team. The bar at the campsite had a website where they have webcams and pics so if you wanna check it out its at:
www.fusinabar.com
Ciao Ciao
PS: Please send money and a new liver....
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment