Monday, April 18, 2005

Matterisk & Obelisk go to Stonehenge

After having had some broken sleep by ADD roomate I got up and got ready to head out to Stonehenge and Bath for the day. Through no fault of my own I managed to book this trip the day of the London Marathon and felt a little disappointed that I missed out on such a huge event but as i came over this rise and saw Bath for the first time I was so glad that I decided to go have a look somewhere out of London.

Stonehenge was pretty cool, I enjoyed but some of the people on my tour were disappointed and were saying that is was overated. Sure you couldn't get to close to it but seeing it in real life is so much better seeing it in a book, besides i'm not sure what they were expecting that it was such a huge disappointment. We didn't get to go check out the barrows which was a bit disappointing but other than that had a good time.

The tour to Stonehenge and Bath was with a group called Evan Evans and it seemed to cater to Asians and old people which was kinda amusing when the tour guide comes up to me and is all like "Nihongo blahdy blah blah" to which i reply "sorry what was that mate, I'm from Nu Zuland eh!" to which followed many many apologies.

I know my tour hasn't started but I'm sure Bath will be one of my favourite stops. It has this old school Dunedin or Christchurch kinda feel, all these old buildings that all looked the same and all heaps of the streets were like cobbled and that. I wish I had gone the day before as Bath was playing somebody in the Powergen cup. (Where are my Super 12 updates?).
I would definately like to go back to Bath at some point.

Quick things: burnt my photos to CD today and now this computer doesn't have an explorer program or won't read the drive. ALSO all my photos look the same with my head in one corner and a monument in the background and I have set the resolution too low in most of my pics damit.

No comments: