Hey,
Monaco is unreal, went up and checked out the Rainiers (sp?) place last night and got to hear about the Grimaldi curse luckily enough for me it didn't follow me onto the roulette table. Got some pretty cool night pics of Monaco as well. I didn't end up going to the casino of Monte Carlo as it cost 10 euro to get in and I wanted to have a bit of a punt so i went the casino around the corner where there were 2 dollar tables for roulette. It cost 40 to get into the game so me and another guy on tour went halves and split the winnings and that. So we each put 20 in and we both walked away with another 22.50 euro so we doubled our money. I was pretty pleased with having made a withdrawl from the bank of Monte Carlo and we both decided to keep a 1 euro chip each as a souvenir.
Yesterday was another travel day, here we come Florence. We stopped off at Pisa and took the obligatory shots of us pushing the tower over although i got a pearler photo of me kicking it over. I was lucky enough not to have a baby thrown at me by a gypsy so altogether it was a good day. Went to the pub again last night but I think the previous weeks efforts are getting to me and am developing a bit of a cough. I've started on the codral and hopefully it doesn't last too long but half the bus seems to have developed this cough. Due to this I've been feeling a bit tired and haven't been bold enough to try out the only Italian i knew before i got here which is "Ciao Bella". I spent the morning wandering round the streets after our guided tour and managed to get a few decent photos, i wanted to head back a bit earlier as i haven't been feeling the best so decided against the 3 hour queue to see David, i did see the replica David though. Wandered through the local market for a couple of hours and then a group of us headed back for a bit of quiet time.
I'm having a tuscan meal tonight which should be interesting before they cart us of to another f ing pub. I think i'm just bitter about the pub because I'm feeling a bit run down and know i should lay off. Looking forward to getting to Corfu and Mykonos just to slow the pace a little as we're there for a few days at time. I've definately become a pro at this whole touring life thing and have yet to run out of clean clothes or get left behind, came close at Pisa though.
Tomorrow we are off to Rome and the Vatican City I'm taking a punt that our tour bus will get us there in time to get in but there are few who are getting the train to make sure. I would but it'd be an extra 50 euro cost and I'm already a little over budget particularly after all the lladro I bought for mum in Barcelona(its in the post!).
Still haven't heard where i'm going for camp and its starting to stress me a little but nothing another drink in a free pour society won't fix
Ciao Bella
Friday, April 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment