Well I think i have now covered the rest of the monopoly board.
The British Museum isn't far from the hotel so I went there and checked out the mummies and that, you could spend a week there. It was not at all what I expected a british museum to be like, it was utter chaos there were kids running round everywhere crying, screaming and playing mind you the place was filled with frogs and they're kinda emotional so maybe thats it?
I wandered round trying to get back to the hotel after leaving from a different exit and ended up at Charing Cross doing a crazy S bend like route to get there, got completely disoriented but it was so much fun. Finally found a tube station and headed to Leciester Square and checking it out, there are so many cool shows on that I would love to see. There's a list of shows that I can go see so I think i'll go to Fame but the Jerry Springer musical was tempting unfortunately the season has ended. After that went to Coventry Garden - fell in love with that place, Anna's taking me back after the tour so that i can do a little shopping and have a beer at the Punch and Judy.
Last night went to Soho with Anna and her workmates it was a real crack up. Hangin with the queens in Soho lol, funny conversations particularly Anna's about how she isn't a fag hag because she has too many gay friends to be one, what was creepy was the sleazy looking dude reading gay porn at a table by himself (obviously). We had a real international party going on couple of kiwis, an aussie, a german, an Irish girl and an argentinian.
Had a mean teriyaki don for pretty cheap as well but now that I've left Anna's i'm going through the pounds pretty quickly.
Today I visited St Paul's Cathedral, prior to going I had no idea what to expect and just thought that it'd be another church, how wrong was I! That place is awe inspiring, my jaw dropped as we were coming up Fleet Street and I saw it for the first time. After that I went to the London Dungeon having no idea what it was but saw that there was a big queue and i had a fast track ticket thought why not... think Te Papa with live (failed) actors but it was definately a crack up!
After that I walked over London Bridge, rumour has it that its not actually London Bridge and in fact that bridge burnt down or something. Once i'd crossed the bridge i got to The Tower of London. That was awesome makes you realise how young New Zealand considering when these things were built. Wandered round there for probably the rest of the day.
When i got back to the hotel I met one of my tourmates Natalie, who was pretty jaded having just got off the plane, had a quick meal at the pub, where the bartender was a Palmy boy who didn't hesitate to tell me 3 times in 5 minutes that he played with Jerry Collins and then proceeded to introduce me to every kiwi in the bar. I pretty much coma after that till this guy checks into my room at midnight and rustles through his pack for the better part of the night.
Saturday, April 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment