Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Nice is Nice

Hey all I am having a variety of technical issues:
My international roam hasn't worked so if you texted and got no reply its coz i have no phone. If you are wondering where my photos are they are on my camera at look destined to stay that way.

Anway so i am in Nice (pronounced like niece) and thought I would do a quick recap, Barcelona was nice we only really had a day there but it was enough to soak up a bit of the atmosphere. It took 10 hours worth of driving plus a couple of stops so when we got there everyone had a bit of cabin fever and decided for a couple of quiets, and i do mean quiets, the next day we went to a few of the stadiums and where the Barcelona Olympics were. We got to walk around Gaudi's Cathedral de Familia (sp?) which was awesome, i know he coined the phrase "gaudy" but because its so huge you don't see that its really ahh "busy" shall we say., and ambled down La Ramblas.
That night we had our Flamenco evening which was pretty fun, we got to watch about an hour performance and then guess what some idiot gets to up on stage again. I think i have a sign painted on my forehead or something. I was going to out with a few of the girls to check the nightlife in Barcelona but dinner was a buffet so myself and the other half of the bus ended up eating ourselves into a stupor and that was the end of the night.

We arrived back in France last night so we celebrated with a few drinks at the bar, unfortunately i think i had a few too many and am feeling the effects right now have wandered round Nice for most of the morning and lost everyone i went to town with, i really like it it reminds me a little of Wellington except more french women! There's no rest for the wicked though so we're off to Monaco tonight so I will atttempt to win some money and fund the rest of my holiday and then Venice tomorrow.

I'm getting a little bored of taking photos so there'll be places where i have none but am getting copies of others photos but you guys really need to check it out for yourself.

PS: I have noone to write my address on my hand in case i get too drunk to get myself home but luckily tucked away in my passport holder are the addresses of every place i am staying at.

No comments: